Juicy Roast Turkey Breast
Roast turkey breast can easily be cooked any time of year for healthy meals, meal prep, and of course, added to your Thanksgiving meal for the many white turkey meat lovers.
- 1 bone-in or boneless turkey breast about 3 pounds, with skin on
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 head of garlic sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup white wine
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- kosher salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry. With your fingers, carefully separate the skin from the turkey meat, then spread the softened butter under the skin.
Place the turkey breast in a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet. Pour the wine over breast, then juice the lemon over the breast. Season with with the kosher salt and pepper and add to the pan with the garlic and the thyme.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes for boneless breasts or 45 minutes for bone-in breasts or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breast reaches 150-155°F. Cover with foil and rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing, the internal temperature will rise to 160°F as it rests.
- Reserve pan drippings for gravy if desired.
Sourced from : https://www.foodiecrush.com/juicy-roast-turkey-breast-and-friday-faves/#wprm-recipe-container-37250