4 rolls of any kind
1 tsp. olive oil
12 to 20 Larkin Bros. meatballs
1 ½ cups pasta sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup grated Parmesan
Warm the rolls on a rack in a 250° F oven. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add the meatballs. Cook until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the pasta sauce, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until it begins to bubble, about 3 minutes. Remove the rolls from oven and slice lengthwise. Spoon the meatballs and sauce onto the rolls, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan
1 -7.5-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Larkin Bros. ground turkey
kosher salt and pepper
1 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
Bake the biscuits according to the package directions. Let cool before slicing each biscuit in half. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until no trace of pink remains, about 7 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in the salsa and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Place the bottom halves of the biscuits on a plate. Top with the meat mixture and sandwich with the remaining biscuit halves.
Breakfast Nachos (The Ultimate Hangover Cure)
What started as a discussion about hangover cures ended in this recipe for loaded breakfast nachos. Pretty smart, if you ask us. Layers of crispy tortilla chips, melted cheese, hash browns and breakfast sausage are just the things to soak up what remains of last night’s revelry. We once heard that fats and proteins would make us feel better after a late night, so we fried up some eggs and served them on top for good measure. The fixins are up to you, but we like the classics: avocado, cilantro, Pico de Gallo, and spicy jalapeños. The only thing you’ll need now is someone to make them for you.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound of Larkin Bros. breakfast sausage, casings removed
1 pound frozen hash browns
1 13-ounce bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
8 oz. Sharp yellow cheddar, grated
8 oz. Monterey jack, grated
6 large eggs (or 1 per person)
Pickled jalapenos, avocado, cilantro, and Pico de Gallo for serving
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and crispy in spots, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add hash browns and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned and crispy, 6 to 8 minutes; remove from heat.
Arrange half of the chips on the prepared baking sheet. Top with half of the cheese, hash browns, and breakfast sausage. Top with remaining chips, cheese, hash browns and sausage. Transfer to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, wipe out skillet and heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites are set, edges are crispy, and yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes. Top nachos with eggs, pickled jalapeños, avocado, cilantro, and Pico de Gallo. Olé!
Ingredients – 2 lbs. of Larkin Bros. Ground turkey
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 12 ounces dark or light beer
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, (not packed in oil), snipped into small pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 19-ounce cans dark kidney beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 – Season ground turkey with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a strainer.
- 2 – Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1½ teaspoons oil to the pot. Add onions and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown, 10 to 20 minutes. Add garlic, jalapenos, cumin, chili powder, paprika and oregano. Stir until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- 3 – Add beer and simmer, for about 3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, bay leaves and ground turkey. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally,1½ hours.
- 4 – Add beans; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until chili has thickened, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1 pound of Larkin Bros. Italian Mild Sausages
1 pkg. (16 oz.) of linguine
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian tomatoes, diced
1 can (10.5 oz.) chicken broth
2 cups broccoli florets
1. Prepare sausage according to directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-in. slices.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
3. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
4. Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
5. Add the broccoli and cooked pasta.
Cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Add sausage; toss to combine.
Healthy clean eating turkey chili recipe is perfect to make in the slow cooker
- 2 lb. Larkin Bros. ground turkey
- 15 oz. cans Black beans
- 1 cup Corn, frozen
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 28 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 1 6 oz. can Tomato paste
- 1 Yellow onion, large
- 2 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 cups Water
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker
- Cook 4 –5 hrs. on low
- 1 pound Larkin Bros. meatballs
- 1 bag of Tostitos scoops
- Fresh salsa
- Shredded cheese (your choice)
Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet and cook meatballs 5–7 minutes.
Line baking sheet with nacho chips; add a spoon of salsa to each nacho.
Place a meatball in each nacho and sprinkle cheese and chives over top.
Bake until cheese melts. Drizzle with sour cream after cooked.
Meatball Nachos (pdf for printing)
Yield: 3 Cups
2 cups Mayo
½ cup Dijon Mustard
¼ cup Whole Grain Mustard
¼ cup Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
To taste Salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ pound Larkin Bros. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- cornmeal, for the baking sheets
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces bocconcini or mozzarella
- kosher salt and black pepper
Heat oven to 475° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets. Dividing evenly, top with the pesto, tomatoes, bocconcini, and sausage; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.