- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ pound Larkin Bros. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- cornmeal, for the baking sheets
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces bocconcini or mozzarella
- kosher salt and black pepper
Heat oven to 475° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets. Dividing evenly, top with the pesto, tomatoes, bocconcini, and sausage; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.